5/6/11

Is Mother's Day a Hard Day?

Do you have a hard time with Mother's Day?
I have heard of some mothers, including my own,
not really loving the whole Mother's Day holiday.

Personally, I enjoy the day quite a bit.
I don't put to much pressure on myself on this day,
I save that for everyday!  haha! :)
I do struggle with my own perfectionism, but
I don't usually compare myself to others on this one day.

there is an article called:

Not Your Ordinary Mother's Day Post


I really enjoyed reading this post.
The author, Marle, describes her own struggles
with Mother's Day and how she changed her
perspective in order to enjoy it more.


It is so true that we get to decide how we respond
to life.  We can change what things mean to us and
the way we will react to them.
We get to choose our own perspective.


We choose at each holiday what to focus on.
Is Easter about Christ or eggs?
Is Christmas about spiritual things or presents?
Does it matter if we say, "I love you," on 
Valentine's Day if the rest of the year we forget?


So why not give Mother's Day a new meaning?


Please read the whole article and then tell me what you think.

No comments: