6/8/11

Mother Of All Living

Genesis 3:20  And Adam called his wife’s name Eve; 
because she was the mother of all living.


I have pondered the meaning of this scripture before.  What does
"mother of all living" really mean?  I have found a description I love in a book called "31 Days To Clean."

"All women are life-givers; God made us that way. Life-giving, in its most basic sense, is raising life above the level of mere existence. We give life physically and spiritually, in many forms. We also give life intellectually, socially, and artistically. We as women have been blessed with the very nature of life-giving! At its core, life-giving is all about love – loving others with what God has given us. "  Mae, Sarah (2011). 31 Days to Clean - Having a Martha House the Mary Way


I read this paragraph many times over.  I love it.  I love the line "raising life above the level of mere existence."  What an amazing role we as women play and have been given in this earthly journey.  I have been trying to understand how I can preform this role better.  How I can bring life to my home and family.  It is something I am still pondering and coming up with ideas for.  


I have come up with a mission statement of sorts to help me define my role better.  What I want my life giving to look like in our home.  I have been inspired from some blogs I read.  The book issues a challenge to: "Identify specific reasons you want to make your home a haven, and then complete a mission statement based on those reasons."   So here is mine.


Homemaker Mission Statement
1. My home looks clean and feels inviting
2. I see clear and open spaces everywhere
3. I am teaching my daughters to keep a home and to be organized
4. Everything has a home and everything is in its home
5. My life is a journey.  I am a work in progress.
As long as I am making progress,
I am succeeding.


No comments: